Friday, November 15, 2019

Homeward bound

I bought the Reliant Scimitar SS1 from a friend in Worcestershire. Only myself to blame...(I asked him if it was for sale... He said yes, the rest is history. No going back now.) He kindly agreed to take it for an MOT and dependant on its needs fix the parts requiring attention before the pick up. This was so I could drive it back to Yorkshireshireshire. An MOT was attained, road tax purchased and off we set homeward. The boot filled with various spares and our waterproof jackets covering the 2 very soggy original seats. These I'd luckily seen and rescued from his scrap pile, leaving behind in their place a couple of Lotus Elise 'things' that can best be described as comfortable as an ironing board.
Lots of banging and clattering from the rear and loud tyre noise certainly gave the ears a clearout as we journeyed northwards. A bit of a change from the Alfa Romeo we left behind which unfortunately had only sealed it's fate with ever increasing ECU issues.
150 miles later.....the Scimitar made it over the Pennines...phew.
Here's a couple of pictures after arriving at its new home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This year 2019 No2

Trip out on a test run...   Not far.......To Otley (4 miles). Just to see if the electrics are still functioning after my fiddling. I can r...